Panamaram Police Station04935 - 222200 email@example.com
Panamaram Police Station came into existence by bifurcating the areas of jurisdiction of Kambalakkad Police Station of Kalpetta Sub Division and Vellamunda Police Station of Mananthavady Sub Division. The building No. 620 of Panamaram Panchayath in Mananthavady Taluk have been declared as Panamaram Police Station vide GO(Rt) No. 2682/10 Home dated Thiruvananthapuram 27th August 2010.
This police station having jurisdiction over Panamaram village, part of Nadavayal Village, Cherukattoor village and part of Anjukunnu Village
Border Police Stations
Panamaram Police station Station Jurisdiction border comes Eastern side Kenichira and Pulpally Police station Northern side Mananthavadi Police station Western side Vellamunda and Southern side Kambalakkad Police Station.
Judicial First Class Magistrate Court 1 , Mananthavadi
Parliament Constituency and Legislative Assembly
This station comes under Wayanad Parliament constituency and in Kalpetta Legislative Assembly
- Glps manalvayal
- Glps nelliyambam
- Govt High school Neervaram
- Govt High school panamaram, ,
- Govt Higher Secondary school Panamaram
- Govt Lp school Kelloor.
- govt LP School Palukunnu
- Govt LP School Pnamaram,
- Govt Nursing school Pabnamaram,
- Govt Teacher Education Institute Panamaram,
- GOVT UP SCHOOL Kaithakal
- Govt Up school Neervaram,
- ST TJOMAS HSS NADAVAYAL
- GANDHI MEMORIAL UP SCHOOL ANJUKUNNU
- Crescent Public School Panamaram
- Dy Director of Agriculture
- 66 kv sustation Anjukunnu
- Block development office panamaram
- Block panchayath office panamam
- Krishibhavan panamaram
- KSBC Panamaram
- Kseb office panamaram
- Office of Asst: Engineer minor irrigation panamaram
- Office of the asst engineer lsgd panamaram
- Panchayath office pananmaram
- POST OFFICE ANJUKUNNU
- POST OFFICE CHERUKATOOR
- POST OFFICE KAYAKUNNU
- POST OFFICE NEERVARAM
- POST OFFICE PANAMARAM
- pre metric hostel boys and girls panamaram
- PWD roads panamaram,
- Soil conservator office karakkamala
- Sub registrar office Panamaram
- TELEPHONE EXCHANGE PANMARAM
- Tribal extension office Panamaram
- Village extension office panamaram
- Village office anchukunnu
- Village office cherukattoor
- Village office nadavayal
- Village office panamaram
- CANARA BANK PANAMARAM
- CO OP BANK PANAMARAM.
- DIST CO OPERATIVE BANK PANAMARAM
- KOSAMATTAM FINANCE PANAMARAM
- MANAPURAM FINANCE PANAMARAM
- MUTHOOT FINANCE PANAMARAM
- NORTH MALABAR GRAMINA BANK PANAMARAM
- SBI KELLOOR
- SYNDICATE BANK PANAMARAM
- WYND DIST AGRICULTURAL BANK PANAMARAM
Important Temples and Festivals
Jain Temple Sree Mahavishnu Temple ERamalloor
Churches and Festivals
St.Jude Church Panamaram St.Marys Church .Cherukattoor
Town Juma Masjid.Panamaram Juma Masjid.. Kythakkal.
Panamaram town comes in the exact middle of Wayanad district. It can be accessed from Mananthavady or Kalpetta. The Periya ghat road connects Mananthavady to Kannur and Thalassery. The Thamarassery mountain road connects Calicut with Kalpetta. The Kuttiady mountain road connects Vatakara with Kalpetta and Mananthavady. The Palchuram mountain road connects Kannur and Iritty with Mananthavady. The road from Nilambur to Ooty is also connected to Wayanad through the village of Meppadi. The nearest railway station is at Mysore and the nearest airports are Kozhikode International Airport-120 km, Bengaluru International Airport-290 km, and Kannur International Airport, 58 km.
Panamaram River is a tributary of the Kabani River along with Mananthavady, Babali, Noolpuzha and Nugu Rivers. Kabani and its tributaries play a key role in the enhancement of the landscapes of Wayanad District.
Panamaram has great significance in the history of Indian freedom struggle as it witnessed one of the first freedom struggle in South India . On October 11, 1802 Pazhassi Raja's followers like Thalakkal Chanthu and Edachena Kunkan Nair captured the Panamaram Fort which was manned by the infantry units of Bombay. Commanding officer Capt. Dickinson and Lt. Maxwell were killed in action along with 25 soldiers. And this victory brought a new vigor to the resistance movement.
Projects through the Police Station
Clean campus safe campus project, campaign against alcohol and tobacco, School Protection Group are successfully, implemented.